Dianne T.V. Pawluk, Ph.D.
Virginia Commonwealth University
School of Engineering
Department of Biomedical Engineering
East Hall, Room E2240
401 West Main Street
P.O. Box 843067
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3067
- B.S., computer engineering, University of Alberta, 1989
- M.S., computing and information science, Queen’s University, 1991
- Ph.D., engineering sciences, Harvard University, 1997
- Devices and algorithms for assistive technology for individuals who are blind and visually impaired
- Accessing graphical information
- Navigation and orientation
- Mobility aids
- Rehabilitation technology
- Hand prostheses sensors and control
- Traumatic Brain Injury therapy
- Human haptic perceptual organization
- The use of multi-modal feedback in teaching K-12 students
- Computational methods in biomedical engineering I (EGRB 215)
- Computational methods in biomedical engineering II (EGRB 315)
- Rehabilitation engineering (assistive technology) (EGRB 420,691)
- Design of Assistive Technology (EGRB 491,691 to become 515)
- Design of Rehabilitation Technology (EGRB 491,691 to become 516)
- co-taught with Dr. Peter Pidcoe
- Senior design (EGRB 401/402)
- Rastogi, R. and Pawluk, D. (2013). Tactile Diagram Simplification on Refreshable Displays. Assistive Technology, 25 (1), 31-38.
- Rastogi, R. and Pawluk, D. (2013). Intuitive Tactile Zooming for Graphics Accessed by Individuals who are Blind and Visually Impaired. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, 21 (4), 655-663.
- Klatkzy, R.L., Pawluk, D.T.V., Peer, A. (2013). Haptic Perception of Material Properties and Implications for Applications. Proceedings of the IEEE, 101 (9), 2081-2092.
- Burch, D., and Pawluk, D. (2011). Using Multiple Contacts with Texture-Enhanced Graphics. World Haptics 2011 Conference Proceedings. June 21-24, Istanbul Turkey.
- Headley, P.C., and Pawluk D.T.V. (2011). Roughness Perception of Textures on a Haptic Matrix Display. World Haptics 2011 Conference Proceedings. June 21-24, Istanbul, Turkey.
* underline indicates students